Friday, March 14, 2014

Anniversaries

I am about as single as they come so anniversaries have never really been something I've had or celebrated.

Someone asked me the other day if I remember much of the last year. Clearly they don't realize the power of my memory. I can tell you the dates of: my diagnosis, my surgery, my port surgery, each chemo, the day I told my students, my port removal, the day Gary shaved my head, the beginning and end of radiation and probably more I'm forgetting right now. Many of these anniversaries are happening this winter.

These anniversaries are making me want to blog again. I always thought I'd just want to forget 2013. However, it's part of the story of my life (insert my humming of One Direction's song)*. Avoiding it doesn't make it go away and there are things I've realized in the last year that I'd like to get out of my head.

So hopefully there will be more blog posts from me. Yes, you are rolling you're eyes at me. Yes, I've said this before. But hopefully, there will be some people who keep me to this! (You know who you are). So if I have any readers here still.....Jenn's back!

*Hey, I teach high school kids. I'm hip with their music

2 comments:

  1. Well now that I know someone is actually reading maybe I'll be back for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete